We are please to announce the winner of the Cambridge Chamber Singers 15th Annual International Composition Competition:
Nick Omiccioli, of Kansas City, MO, with his composition A Song of Joys
Visit Nick's website.
The Cambridge Chamber Singers announces its 15th ANNUAL CHORAL COMPOSITION COMPETITION. We are accepting entries through October 1, 2012, to be performed in May, 2013.
Prize: $700 and two performances;
There is no entry fee.
- Original composition for a cappella, 4-6 part mixed choir, occasional divisi is acceptable;
- Three to six minutes long;
- Not previously performed in Massachusetts;
- Anonymous submission:
- Remove all names and identifying marks;
- Provide a document, (pdf or Word) or a sealed envelope containing your name, address, email and phone number;
- Submit a legible score. In addition, recordings or synthezied versions are encouraged but are not required.
- A maximum of two different scores may be submitted by each composer.
- If the text is not public domain, include written permission to use it.
- You may submit electronically, to the e-mail below, with a pdf attachment. Sibelius, Finale and other formats will not be accepted. Attachments larger than 5MB are blocked, so use a dropbox, such as SendStuffNow, for larger audio files.
The winning composition is to be performed in May of 2013 at the Cambridge Chamber Singers concerts in the Boston area. CCS encourages the composer’s attendance.
The Cambridge Chamber Singers reserves the right to not award a prize.
The winning composer must provide a final performance score by January 10, 2013. CMS will make 45 copies for the chorus.
There are no restrictions according to race, sex, age or residency. The text may be in any language. A composer may submit no more than two pieces.
Send all electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send all paper submissions to:
Cambridge Chamber Singers, Inc.
P.O. Box 600527
Newtonville, MA 02460
NEW FOR THIS YEAR: No materials will be returned.
For further information, email email@example.com or call Martha Holmes at 617-965-7573.
- 2011 Gregory Zavracky, Jamaica Plain, MA - Sighs are my Food
- 2010 Giselle Wyers, Lake Forest Park, WA- Love and Wine (commission)
- 2009 Elizabeth Kennedy Bayer, Phoenix, AZ - One Day When It's Winter
- 2008 Stephen Feigenbaum, New Haven, CT - Clair de lune
- 2007 Joshua Shank, Austin, TX - A Grass-Green Pillow
- 2006 Abbie Betinis, Saint Paul, MN - Carmina Mei Cordis (Songs of my heart)
- 2005 David Schneider, Bloomington, IN, USA - O Colonia
- 2004 Sydney Guillaume, Miami, FL, USA - Kalinda
- 2003 Paul Carey, Oak Park, IL, USA - Esta Tarde
- 2002 Giselle Wyers, Boise, ID, USA - Ave Maria
- 2001 Ulrike Emanuelsson, Lund, Sweden - Rosten ur morkret sjunger
- 2000 Julian Wachner, Boston, MA, USA - there is a moon sole
- 1999 Jason Bahr, Urbana, IL, USA - Psaume 1
- 1998 Forrest Pierce, Urbana, IL, USA - Song of Songs
- 1997 Tsippi Fleischer, Tel Aviv, Israel - No Hand has Touched You
CCS would like to thank all composers who submitted entries in our 14th annual Composition Competition (20).